Town Superintendent (Manager)
Town of Dayton
Dayton, VA United States
The Town of Dayton is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Town Superintendent (Manager), the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the Town government.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
- A Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Civil Engineering, Planning or a related field; a Master's degree is preferred.
- Three to five years of successful leadership at a senior executive/administrator level in an organization with comparable hands-on responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of Town government operations. Local government experience in Virginia local government as a manager, deputy or assistant is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex and multiple capital projects simultaneously through a variety of funding/granting agencies.
- A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and the Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA); designation or progress toward designation as ICMA Credentialed Manager would be a plus.
- Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary history and professional references, to The Berkley Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial review of candidates will begin on April 8, 2019. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. A timely submission ensures the most advantageous review. A town application is required of all finalists. Inquiries relating to the Town Superintendent (Manager) position may be directed to:
Margaret M. Schmitt
The Berkley Group
P.O. Box 181
Bridgewater, Virginia 22812
Mobile: (434) 851-5814