Planning and Project Associate
Town of Middleburg
Middleburg, VA United States
The Town of Middleburg, a dynamic and historic small town in Loudoun County, Virginia, has an immediate opening for a full-time Planning and Project Associate. This is a professional position responsible for certain activities in the Planning & Zoning Department, to include other Special Projects as assigned by the Town Administrator or Deputy Town Administrator. Examples of expected activities include:
- Be knowledgeable of the Zoning Ordinance, Comprehensive Plan, Historic District Guidelines, and other documents in order to provide insight and guidance to members of the public;
- Provide support during development or revisions to the aforementioned documents;
- Develop an understanding of the Town's permitting process and be delegated authority to issue certain permits under the direction of the Zoning Administrator;
- Manage the agenda and actions of the Historic District Review Committee, to include keeping minutes, following-up on action, and providing information as needed;
- Manage the agenda and actions of the Planning Commission, to include keeping minutes, following-up on action, and providing information as needed;
- Take on other specific projects or tasks as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in planning, public administration, or a related field with at least two (2)years of experience is required; Master's Degree or other related experience is a plus.
Send letter of interest and resume with salary history and at least three references to: Will Moore, Deputy Town Administrator, Town of Middleburg, P.O. Box 187, Middleburg, VA, 20118-0187, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 540-687-5152 for more information.
Starting Salary $50,000-$60,000 DOQ and full benefits package. Position open until filled, although applicants are encouraged to apply by 5:00pm on April 16, 2019, to be considered in the first review of applications.