Capital Projects Planner
Town of Herndon
Herndon, VA United States
The Town of Herndon, VA, located 20 miles from Washington D.C. and minutes from Dulles International Airport, seeks candidates for the position of Capital Project Planner within the Transportation Program Management Section of the Department of Community Development.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Dedication to community and public service.
- Knowledge of and capability in project management.
- Expertise in design of street, cycling and pedestrian facilities.
- The ability to understand and assess land development impacts based upon traffic impact studies, unit counts, Floor Area Ratio and other aspects of the proposed development or policy.
- Commitment to context sensitive multi-modal design.
- Love of facts and figures.
- A detail-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated success in creating grant applications and strategizing funding streams.
- An engaged and proactive approach.
- A talent for accurate, professional and concise writing and public speaking.
- A Bachelor or Master of Planning degree with professional experience in transportation planning and project management.
This position serves the community through procurement and programming of regional, state and federal funding for major transportation improvements, and provides project management, including transportation consultant oversight, from the earliest stages of plan development to final reimbursement of funds. In addition, this position researches and analyzes land use applications in neighboring jurisdictions to determine potential impacts on the town's services including its transportation network.
The Town of Herndon is on the cusp of transformative change. Engaged in planning for significant transit-oriented redevelopment adjacent to the future Herndon Metrorail Station, the Town strives to protect, enhance and extend its sense of place and its celebration of community. Pressured by growth in the neighboring counties of Fairfax and Loudoun, Herndon seeks to add additional expertise to assist in the community's efforts to plan, procure and build the necessary infrastructure needed to protect from excessive congestion and provide a healthy live, work and play environment.
Please visit us at www.herndon-va.gov/departments/human-resources/jobs for more details!