King William County
King William, VA United States
King William County is seeking an experienced professional to serve as County Administrator, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the County government.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Finance, Business Management, Planning, or a related field; a master’s degree is preferred.
• Three to five years of successful leadership at a senior executive/administrator level in a public or private organization with comparable hands-on responsibilities; possessing a strong financial management skill set. Experience in Virginia local government as a manager, deputy, assistant or department director is highly desirable.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International City/County Management Association (ICMA), the Virginia Association of Counties (VACo), Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA); and Virginia Government Finance Officers’ Association (VGFOA).
• Designation or progress toward designation as ICMA Credentialed Manager would be a plus.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary expectations and professional references to The Berkley Group via email at email@example.com. While the position is open until filled, review of candidates will begin June 5, 2020. Inquiries relating to the County Administrator position may be directed to:
Margaret M. Schmitt
The Berkley Group
P.O. Box 181
Bridgewater, Virginia 22812
Mobile: (434) 851-5814