Community Planner for Naval Station Norfolk
Planate Management Group LLC
Alexandria, VA United States
The US Navy hired us to provide qualified onsite community planners to work at the following locations:
- Naval Station Norfolk, Norfolk, Virginia
- Naval Air Station Oceana, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek – Fort Story, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Portsmouth, Virginia
- Naval Weapons Station Yorktown, Yorktown, Virginia
- Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane, Indiana
- Naval Station Great Lakes, North Chicago, Illinois
- Public Works Department, Naval Support Activity Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Naval Station Mechanicsburg, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- Naval Submarine Base New London, Connecticut
The Community Planners are initially employed by us, Planate Management Group, LLC, and have the potential to transition to an employee of the US Navy after 12 months.
- Prepare master plans, development plans and related documents in collaboration with stakeholders and in support of a comprehensive and integrated approach to installation land development
- Support compatible land use planning efforts associated with encroachment planning and noise analysis and related land use studies to sustain dynamic mission requirements
- Improve the accuracy of real property records and tenant space requirements by performing field surveys, tenant interviews, document reviews and stakeholder interviews
- Review site approval requests for consistency with master plans and related documents, and prepare site approval documents for approval processing
- Review tenant space use requests, perform analysis, and process approval documents
- Other planning related activities in support of installation mission sustainment and real property lifecycle management
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- 4-year College Degree in Planning or Engineering
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar discipline including employment as a city planner or related field
- AICP (American Institute of Certified Planners) desired, but not required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong Communications skills in English both written and oral
- US citizen able to pass a basic background check to be granted US Navy installation access privileges
- Previous military planning experience is not required
Planate Management Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Joining the Planate team opens you to an experience working for a Global company where you are among a team that is considered a premier trusted partner for planning, design, engineering, asset management, and professional service solutions anytime, anywhere. We Take Care of Our Own; Personally and Professionally, Up and Down The Line.
We’d love for you to be a part of our Global workforce, helping us serve as an effective and integrated partner to advance every client's mission!
Planate Management Group is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, USA with a technical support center in the Philippines that provides program management and facilities engineering services worldwide. Planate is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service missions (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps), along with other US federal agencies.