Fauquier County Dept. of Community Development
Warrenton, VA United States
Fauquier County’s Department of Community Development is seeking a motivated and multi-disciplined entry level Planner to join our team. This position within the Planning Division of the Department of Community Development will perform a variety of professional planning work related to land-use, zoning, land development and preservation of rural lands.
Primary functions and responsibilities will include:
- Providing project management and analysis of Special Permit and Special Exception applications;
- Assisting in developing and maintaining the Comprehensive Plan;
- Review of land development applications;
- Conducting various research and special projects, including an analysis of environmental and demographic information;
- Providing assistance and advice to citizens, property owners, developers, and professionals seeking information on the planning process and answers to specific land use questions; and
- Presenting, via written and oral communication, to various audiences including the Board of Supervisors, Planning Commission, and the Board of Zoning Appeals.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, landscape architecture or closely related field; knowledge of the principles and practices of planning; ability to collect and analyze technical information and prepare technical reports; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and familiarity with GIS and Microsoft Office.
Salary range is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants must submit an online Fauquier County classified application, available on the County's website: www.fauquiercounty.gov. For assistance with the online application call the Human Resources Department at 540-422-8300. Please direct specific position-related questions to Adam Shellenberger, Chief of Planning at 540-422-8200 or email email@example.com.