Administrative Coordinator I/II/III
James City County
Williamsburg, VA United States
James City County is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team. Nestled between the James River and the York River, James City County is located in the heart of the Historic Triangle, which includes Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown. With a population of approximately 80,000 residents, James City County is a vibrant community that is rich in history, culture, and natural beauty. As a Community Development Assistant for James City County, you will have the opportunity to work and support the Planning Division on a wide range of planning projects and initiatives that help shape the future of this great community. As an Administrative Coordinator for James City County, you will have the opportunity to support the Community Development Department and its Planning Division on a wide range of planning projects and initiatives that help shape the future of this great community. You will also work with the Zoning, Neighborhood Development, and Building Safety and Permits divisions on a frequent basis.
Administrative Coordinator I: $37,398 / year or higher DOQ
Administrative Coordinator II: $ $39,968 / year or higher DOQ
Administrative Coordinator III: $ $42,734 / year or higher DOQ
- Provides customer services to the public and to employees, in person, by telephone and online to include answering routine questions regarding general and basic property information and logging in of citizen complaints.
- Provides administrative support to division staff to include checking the Division’s email inbox and filing letters and correspondence to project files, and general mail processing.
- Assisting with preparing, formatting and processing various documents for final publication which may also include preparing meeting minutes; assisting with research, as needed.
- Provides administrative support to division staff and provides customer services to the public to include intake of new development applications and supporting materials; logging in the materials and creating project files; maintains and compiles data and other related information in the county’s permitting system.
- Assists the division with public meetings duties, including publishing required legal notices, preparing agendas and support materials, and attending meetings, when required.
- Oversees ordering and maintenance of office equipment, supplies and facilities; maintains general files, official records and reports; prepares agendas and support materials for internal staff meetings; maintains and follows control procedures for document handling and retention.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some experience in administrative support including customer service.
- Must possess reliable transportation to work site(s).
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; knowledge of data entry, enterprise level asset management software, and standard office software including word processing and spreadsheets; grammar, punctuation, spelling, and accurate mathematical calculations; and standard office practices and procedures and clerical techniques.
- Skill in the use of Internet and computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and enterprise level asset management software.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; follow both verbal and written instructions; establish and maintain effective and courteous working relationships with staff and the public; make accurate mathematical calculations; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures; organize and maintain moderately complex records and ensure their confidentiality; and work under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to attend meetings outside of the county’s normal business hours on an infrequent basis.
To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov. Accepting applications until position is filled. Cover letters and resumes may also be attached, but a fully completed application is required for your application to be considered.