AICP Certification Maintenance
AICP members must earn a total of 32 credits each two-year reporting period under AICP's Certification Maintenance (CM) program.
Upcoming CM Credits - Webinars
- 05/22/2020 1-2:30pm: Project Management for Planners 1.5CM (APA Florida Chapter - free)
- 05/29/2020 1-2:30pm: Autonomous Vehicle Implementation: Implications for Transportation Planning 1.5CM (Maryland Department of Planning and Smart Growth Network - free)
- 06/04/2020 2-3pm: The Impact of Site Layout on Construction Costs 1CM (Timmons Group, CM Credits sponsored by Virginia Chapter - free)
- 06/05/2020 1-2:30pm: Tactical Urbanism: Project Delivery for a Post-Pandemic World 1.5CM (Urban Design and Preservation Division - free)
- 06/19/2020 1-2:30: Driving Innovation to Create Aging-Friendly Communities 1.5CM (Private Practice Division - free)
- 06/22/2020 12-1pm: Look In Before You Lean In 1CM( Virginia Chapter and the Berkley Group - free)
- 06/24/2020 1-2:30pm: Empowerment Through Design to Create a Choice Neighborhood 1.5CM (Urban Design and Preservation Division - free)
- 07/10/2020 1-2:30pm: Innovative Financing to Build Market Rate Apartments in Rural Areas 1.5CM (Wisconsin Chapter - free)
On Demand CM Credits
- Past APA Virginia Monthly Webinars recorded and certified for on-demand viewing - be sure to check the validity dates in the comments section.
- On Demand through 12/31/2020: APA Ethics Cases of the Year 1.5CM 1.5 ETHICS CM (California Chapter - free)
- On Demand through 12/31/2020: Public Art and Artists Property Rights 1.5CM 1.5 LAW CM (Urban Design & Preservation Division - free)
Link to APA Events Offering CM Credits
More than 30 free Certification Maintenance (CM) credits are now available on-line through APA.
APA Learn also offers a wide variety of online training modules for various fees.
Webcasts for CM Credits
The Virginia Chapter has partnered with other APA chapters throughout the United States to offer these low cost monthly webcasts that can be accessed directly from any registered computer. The sessions are free and are listed in the "Upcoming Webinars" section above. To view and register for the monthly webcasts, go to www.ohioplanning.org/planningwebcast. Participants will need an Internet connection. Note that groups can watch these sessions and all AICP members can submit for CM credits, not just the person initially registering. Register early, as space is limited. There are also on-demand recordings of sessions to meet your Law and Ethics credit requirements that can be found on the site through the "Distance Learning" tab.
Interested in Other Virginia Area CM Opportunities?
You can search by state at APA's Certification Maintenance Program website. Click on "Find Upcoming CM Event" and then log-in with your APA password. Click on the "Search" button at the top of the page, then click on Virginia in the map box. Please note that the APA Audio/Web Conference sessions are not listed, as they are available nationally.
Chapter Sponsorship of CM Credits
Please review the Chapter CM Sponsorship Policy before contacting the Chapter about sponsoring any activity or event where Certification Maintenance would be requested by the Chapter.